Sunday, March 3, 2019

A Sunday in Kaanapali

A Sunday in Kaanapali
We have decided Sunday should be a day we won’t go anywhere.  Just a day of sun and relaxing.  Our day started out with great promise.  Not a cloud in the sky. I opened up the balcony door and stepped outside. It was greeted with a strong wind and cold.


I like the way we could see Molokai. The mountains are clear and draped in a brilliant morning sun.   I know one day I will go out to the ocean and take some pictures.



  This morning we were delighted to eat, fresh fruit and one of our favorite breakfast. Yes you guess it. Yup, that correct JIMMY DEAN delite breakfast sandwich.
Jimmy ranks right up there with Spam.

After breakfast we did some FaceTiming with Reagan and Alyssa, after which we went down to the beach and did some whale watching. For once we were treated to a great show. There were lots of competitive pods, (one female and several competitive males. We saw lots of in fighting. I also took lots of pictures because the water was so beautiful. I’m going to try to bring the color out.


The light aqua.  With  good sunlight, this area is beautiful.








These last two pictures are the same, only the the colors of the water is more what I'm looking for. 


 When we first time we came to this resort,  all the women who owned condos would all gather and sit and knit.  There husbands would golf.  Well looking at this group reminded me of that group. Clela and I couldn't stay warm.  We kept chasing the sun to keep warm.  We  usually look for shade but today we looked for sun. This was not working so we went down to the pool by the ocean to get away from the wind.


We found a corner near the building that was out of the wind.  When you shoot a picture into the sun you get sun spots.

Back at our condo, Clela made dinner. I've got a Christmas dinner to eat, chicken and stuffing.

That was our day.  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment