Friday, March 8, 2019

Nicknames

Thursday March 7th 2019
Nicknames
This morning looks very promising weather wise I mean just take a look.

Sun is shining very few clouds in the sky.  It was a little to cool mainly because of the wind blowing.  With a good cup of coffee and yogurt, granola and papaya we had a good breakfast.

It was about ten when we left the condo.  Maybe now you can see what I have been talking about with the weather.  Look to the north and you can see rain is on its way.

Yup, that's rain the will be here in about an hour.  Now take a look toward Lahaina and you see clear  skies.

We decided to go down to watch for whales.  When we got out to a couple lounge chairs the wind was so intense and cool we said not going to happen, but we didn't give up.  We went back to the glass enclosed swimming pool, found two lounge chair and plunk our self down.  The sun is shining and it's real warm.  The sea was choppy so if there were whales out there, we couldn't see them.  Clela had a book to read and I had nothing but my phone.  You guessed it, it started to rain, you know Hawaiian style.  After an hour we went back up to our condo.  Oh didn't tell you the art/craft show was on.



















We ate lunch, took a rest and by the way, did I tell you it's raining  Later we watch the movie Bird Box on Netflix for something to do, because it is too windy and cold to go outside.

We went on line and ordered a pizza from across the street.  Works out well for us.  Well that was our day.  Oh , I didn't talk about nicknames.

I have had many nickname over the years some from students I will not mention .  When I was a little kid and lived in Beaver Dam I had a nickname of "Buttsy".

Then I had the nickname given to me by the coach in football.  My nickname was scooter, because I never got caught for a loss.  I guess I had a fast start and was small so I could fit between two lineman.

When I started to teach, another teacher  called me Roto Rudder, not to students just between staff.  One of my nickname from students was Mr. Green Jeans, because of those green cover halls I wore when teaching Welding and machine shop.

The last nickname was Mean Gene, thus what the pizza maker put on our box.

Now you know what triggered the thought of nicknames.  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment