Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Doing The Same Things

Monday February 2-26-2019
Doing The Same Things

It's hard to tell by the first pic of the day.  Most mornings are overcast. Then you turn around and the sky is clear and it's a perfect day.


Wait, wait it's going to change.  It was so warm we could eat out on the balcony. 

At Safeway we bought a large container of a mixture of strawberries and blueberries.  By the way a median container of strawberries cost nine dollars.  Clela and her Safeway card we payed seven dollars.  We sliced up strawberries, added yogurt and granola. That's breakfast.  We did have an English Muffin with butter and jam on top.  What you don't see is my juice.  If you ever watch me eat something dry, for every bite I take, I must take a drink.  I know I don't need to do that, but that's how I roll.
We do the same things when we are here.  We like to watch for whales and we have a favorite beach.  Today we went out to see whales.  We  ended up watching kite/surf boarding.  Sorry no pictures, just video.  Video doesn't work on my blog because  the high quality can't compress.  The video file is two large.  Maybe I'll put them some place on line so you can see.  There were two men out there.  Each doing different things.  One had a board with a long fin under his board. I have seen this before in pictures but never in person. 

What is foil on the bottom does is it allows the surfer little water resistance and what you see is the surfer looks like he is flying through the air.  Looks like they use different kites also.  Very neat to see.
The other surfer on a traditional board and kite.  He was a very good wave jumper.  He also could fly through the air.  With the wind conditions were just right for this type of surfing.  They both had lots of air time.

By the way this video will not play.

We ate lunch and went to our favorite beach, doing our thing.








We finally saw an red headed cardinal .  This is the first time we saw this cardinal this year.
We did take a walk on the beach.  We went down where we have seen turtles before.  Maybe they come certain times of the year.
After spending several hours we went back to our resort.  Clela packed our towels because she wanted to take a swim.  We were just preparing to swim when, for some reason, she saw a full breach off  our shoreline.  What made this so unusual is that this whale was so close to our beach.  I dug out my phone and off I went.  Clela said don't wait for me, so off I went.  I got there just in time to see some tail slapping.

We went back to the pool and took a swim  The air was getting real cold, when we went in.  Swimming for us is a few short swims and just walking around.  Getting out was a real challenge.  It was cold.  That is a sign of the colder weather coming.



Don't clich on the video. You can sit behind the water fall.
Hey can you see the ice forming on the pool? Just kidding, but I'll be sure to pack a sweatshirt next time.
We ate left overs for supper.  We did face time with Sam and Alyssa and that was our day.  See you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment