Thursday, February 21, 2019

Twenty Four Hours
A lot of things change after just twenty four hours. Yesterday we had wind that was blowing so hard a couple kids were challenging the wind as they walked.  Funny to watch because their steps were hard to take.  The wind caused the rain to blow horizontal.  We went from 

that dark, dank, dreary day to the picture below.  Zoom in on the edge of the ledge, 
you will see brown water that is polluted. 
Do the same on this picture and you will see clear water.  Usually the polluted water stays around for several days.  
This morning I woke up to a beautiful day.
Don't get the wrong idea, there is a lot of damage on Maui.  For the first time in a while, we eat outside. It was that was warm.
This morning we had french toast.

Also our papaya was ready to eat, yum that is so good.  I read the paper during breakfast.  Okay my two areas of reading  are business and sports.  
Our goal for today was to get down to the ocean to look for whales. There were a couple that were active, but not as many as usual.  We always try to find some shade, we didn't find much. Clela had the shade,  I had partial.  The weather was perfect.  I found myself just sitting back. I am laying in the sun, there is a light breeze blowing in the partial shade of palm trees.  I close my eyes while listening to the waves rolling in.  This was a good start to what I hope is a good vacation.  Can you see it?
I had to take this picture to show our beach is starting to come back.  Okay that is not much compared to what it used to be, but more than we have had in years.  You can see the place is changing to more families with small children. This is what we call the kids pool.  

Lunch today was a pull pork sandwich with potato salad.
After our rest, okay nap, we put on our swimming suits and went for a swim. This was the first time this year. I didn't take any pictues.  We didn't stay very long.
For dinner we ordered a pizza. Great pie.
Well that was our day.  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment