Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Chicken Little

Tuesday March 17th 2020

Woke up this morning to an overcast day.



The temperature was in the 70's. With the humility up, it was a warm day.  We did eat outside.
,
After eating, we put on our swimming suits and went down to the pool.  There was only one kid in the pool with us.  I think some people come in for an extended weekend only.  





Clela said you know we should have done this every morning.



We swam for a while and then sat in the green area and watched a family playing corn hole.  It was fun watching the family dynamics.  Everyone seeking the parents attention. After setting there for a while, we went down to the ocean.  I wanted to see if the beach was coming back and here is what I saw.



I was encouraged.  The tide was coming in, but look, I think it's coming back.  Well who am I kidding, with global warming .  We sat down on some lounge chairs.  There was some dark clouds  over Lanai.  Sometimes we get north and south mix up. So I got my app compass out and established which way was north.  I also looked a the radar and wow we were in for it.



I think the weather people have had flood and storm warnings up ever since we got here. It's like Chicken Little. Then it does happen and nobody is ready.  Well, we took a look at that radar and picked up everything and headed in.  By the time we walked past the pool by the restaurant the wind picked up.  By the time we got into the building it was raining.  The wind is blowing and the palm tree are blowing. 

 People were still in the pool and still playing corn hole.  Finally they all heard the thunder and they all left. Thunderstorms are a big deal here.


Good sailing weather ya think?  I guess he didn't pay attention to the weather forecast too.

The rain is really coming down now.


We watched a movie on Netflix and ate later.


Well that was our day.
See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment