Sunday, March 8, 2020

Saturday Night Out

Saturday March 7th 2020
Saturday morning started out like the last two days of rain sun.  The weather looked like an all day rain.  Then out comes the sun. Crazy right.


The walkway around the resort was wet.  If you look to the right you see clouds moving.
With the wind blowing it made since to eat inside.  We have lost power several time in the last two days, not because of rain but because of the wind.


You got a bagel, fried eggs, papaya and the last of the spam.  I thought the spam was gone, but it made a return.  You are looking at a quarts counter top on this island.  You can wash it with water and wipe dry oh did I say dry, no way it just smears, you can wash it with soap and water and it just smears and you can wash it with a window cleaner and it still smears. Never have a black counter top!
Later in the morning we took a walk to see how the wall next to our resort was holding up.  They brought in huge bags filled with sand to stop the erosion .  Along the way we saw two men right from Chicago playing corn hole.  One guy had shorts on with long black socks on, Chicago right.  The other wasn't wearing shorts, he had long pants on, Chicago right? I tried to get a picture of both guys but I missed a good view of the guy with shorts on.  You know that was the way men dressed.  Oh another one was shorts and long white socks.


They did know the rules of the game.

We walked a little more and they were giving scuba lessons at the pool.  They give them lessons in the pool and later go out on a dive.


Finely when we did get over to see how the wall was holding up.  Looks good.



What I did see was no one from the Kaanapali Beach Club was using this space.  We always sit on a bench here but there was no room for me.  So I went over to these large sand bags to sit down. Now my flip flops started to slide and down I went right on my butt.  There was no way to make a nice slide.  Well we sat there for a while, me on a ledge and Clela on the bench.  Going back up I couldn't use my shoes because I did slide.  So off went my shoes and my graceful pride I climbed back up.  Oh I took these two pictures when I was sitting there.



It's hard to believe we have been here over two weeks and this is the first time we went to Lahaina.  We found a place to park in free parking and had a short walk to our restraint.  We ate at Down The Hatch.  Out of all the times we been in Lahaina this was a first.

We had Cantina Pig plate. It was pulled pork.  Don't it look great.  Sorry I was hungry.



 Well that was our day
See ya


No comments:

Post a Comment