Saturday, March 6, 2021

Friday March 5th 2021

Swim, Flowers And Sunset 

Another Friday in Maui, it's a good place to be. I just wanted to give you a sequence of photos.




From the threat of rain with big rain clouds, to a beautiful day.  It was cool and windy outside so we had breakfast inside.


Lots of fruit, I'm big into fruit. In a normal week six pounds of berries, Strawberries, Raspberries and Blueberries.   

After eating Clela and I put on our swimming suits and went down to the pool.  Whenever we look for places to sit all or most good places are gone.  For us, we need shade for Clela and sun for me.  We went down around noon, thinking the kids will need to eat lunch and the babies will nap.  We guessed right.  At first we found a table with two chairs and then we moved to two lounge chairs. I took off my shirt and went right in.  There's no good way for us to get in, I take a couple steps in and then dive, this will either kill me with shock or I'll be okay.  Well I guess I'm alive, the water was cool not cold.  Now Clela takes a different approach.  She goes real slow, I mean real slow once she gets in she is okay.



Here are some photos I took in the water.





Some of these photos were taken from a video I made while walking through the water.



We spent about an hour in the water.  We dried off and went back to our condo.  We ate lunch, our usual sandwich on the lanai with a warm, shaded view.  I wish I could bottle this up and take it home when we leave.


After a rest and our audio story we set out for a walk.  When we leave we always check the mountains, if there was rain we would knew it soon would be here. There was rain and Clela was reluctant to go, but we did go.  There is a resort next to us called Ka'anapali Beach Club. We did stay there once with Glen and Mary.  We wanted to see how the resort is coming out of the restriction of the pandemic. Here are some pics.


They spent a lot of money to reclaim there beach area.  They took huge sand bags to prevent erosion, added grass to hold it in place.   What you didn't see is that the ocean had started to take the wall apart.  Sad to see.  Hope they get some vegetation growing.  Our beach never did come back.  



  I would say things look bleak.  We use to walk over early in the morning to find all the chairs around the huge pool with towels on them.  People would put their towel on a chair to reserve it, we used to see this in Florida.  All those lounge chairs were always perfectly aligned.  You know all that resort had is that pool.  We think ours has more beautiful.

On the way back I did get some nice flower pictures.  





We had a simple supper of a hamburger and Sweet chicken nuggets.


No catchup, just ranch dressing. That was our night but before I let you go here are some sunset pictures.  


See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment