Friday, March 12, 2021

Thursday March 11th 2021

Going Out For Lunch 

Woke up to a beautiful morning today. Before the sun came over the mountains It was shining on clouds over Molokai.


Some days before eating breakfast we have toast along with our coffee.We go out on the lanai.  We are spending more time out here each day.  


By now you can see the type of day we will have.  The day looks very promising.



What a view from our living room. We ate our breakfast on the lanai.  We had the last of our crepes and strawberries today.  I was hurrying to get our food out and in the rush I walked right into the screen door.  Can you believe that.  I was leading with my orange juice and the juice went flying through the screen.  A towel and throw away wet wash cloth cleaned it all up, and out I went.  Oh no more more opening up the patio doors that far. I can be trained to do the right thing.


Doesn't that look good.  How many crepes have I shown over the past five weeks and this is the first time I presented the crepe rolled.

Since our time here is now limited, we want to eat more at some of our favorite places. So Clela went on line to see if we could get a reservation at Star Noddle.  I don't think we ate there last year because of COVID.  All the good restaurants require reservations.  We go on Yelp.  Clela could only find an opening Sunday afternoon .  Well just like we do when trying to get an hotel, you call and what do you know we got a 1:15 time slot.  We did a little work around the condo and off we went.


This is a new place for the restaurant, it's gone from a very modern place to a casual place right in Lahaina and on the water.  We were checked in and our temps were taken before entering.


We were early so we sat in the shade waiting to be seated.




This place is maybe three times the size as the other place and still people are turned away.
Finally seated, we ordered our drinks.  Clela ordered an Coors Light and I had Celebration-Passion-Orange-Mango Vodka, Mio Sparkling Sake and Yuzu Juice.  I had that? I'm tired just read it all but it was good. 

We had share plates of three different dishes. Each time a waiter would bring out a dish he would explain what we had and sometimes how to eat it,

The first one was Vietnamese Crepes-Shrimp, Pork, Bean Sprouts, Nuoc Cham


I  talked to Alyssa and she kept saying taco wrap and I kept saying crepe.  You know she was right, When it all came down to it, it was a lettuce wrap.



Oh I picked a much bigger piece of lettuce for the next one. I also was careful not to take a shrimp because I am allergic to shrimp.  I did take a Benadryl.  I got to be safe.

Our second dish was Singapore Noodles- Vermicelli Chicken, Shrimp, Cilantro and Curry


I made this photo larger so you could see the noodles.  They are homemade noodles are very, very thin.  This was also very good. The small orange like fruit is a key lime.

The third was not a dish but just meat.

Teriyaki Chicken


Last thing we ordered was dessert, yup we did.  We never order dessert.

We got three scoops of Homemade Ice Cream.

You will never find this three different flavors of ice cream.


As we were about to leave Clela did ordered. Nuoc Cham Wings- chicken Wings to go. She had a plan to have meals later.  We went home with four boxes.

As we were leaving I took a picture. 


I took this picture because the small boat in the forefront is a water taxi.  It takes 90 minutes to take the ferry over to  Molokai.  These boats with twin motors make the trip in 10 to 15 minutes, that is big.  Now you have the Ferry, a plane and now a water taxi. 

We didn't eat much for supper and that was okay for both of us.  Believe it or not that was our day, see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment