Friday, March 5, 2021

 Thursday March 4th 2021

Tsunami

This morning Clela and I are going out for breakfast, so far coffee is on the agenda.  Sitting on the lanai drinking our coffee here is our view.


We don't know if it's going to rain or not.  This is what we deal with every morning.  Ok this is 100% better than to see all that snow. Clela said the bird is back and sure enough there it was sitting on top of some trees.


The bird is in the bottom left corner.  Then we saw it fly over in front of the pond. Some people stopped to see the bird as it sits on a rock waiting to see a fish swim by.

Here again you will have to click on the photo to enlarge it. 
About this time Clela went in to take a shower and I sat down to work on the computer.  Okay I was playing my five game challenge when I got a voice alert on my phone that there was a Tsunami warning out for Hawaii.  I have never got an alert on my phone here, but I do get lots of voice alerts at home.  I pulled out my phone and open my weather app to view this report.  





I told Clela about the warning and went out to text the girls and family. The girls started texting back with concern.  I told them I was not worried but that this was our excitement for the day and right in the middle of me texting an all clear report for the Hawaiian Islands (each island is considered an county).  


We finish getting dressed and went down to our Beach Club Restaurant for breakfast all the time wondering if the Tsunami could still come.  


We had a good view like the last time we were here.  We ordered, Clela ordering fried rice with scrambled eggs on top.  She also had a  strong Bloody Mary.





I ordered Hawaiian French toast and OJ. 


Sorry everyone again I started to eat before taking this photo.  I had three pieces of French toast.  I took the one that I started to eat on the bottom, stuck some berries on top and took this photo.  What a mess. I did eat all three pieces. It was filling so no lunch today.  

 
After listen to the conclusion to our audio book (which was great) we sat out on the lanai.  Clela looking out said "what's that in the water that black thing?",  I said without looking that it was scuba divers and there was a ring with a flag on it to tell where they were under water.  We got our binoculars out and I said that was Moses.  I talked about Moses before.  In the last six- eight years people have called 911 at least ten times thinking he was drowning   When he did the back stroke people though he was drowning.  A couple years ago we watched the rescue squad, life guards and the police they were all there. As he was coming in he refused help.  Well, there he was with the high winds and strong waves. He was coming back from his two mile swim.  I took a photo of him as he walked back,  I found out he lives somewhere across the street.


 Still sitting out there with our after noon drink we saw a guy straightening out his parachute lines, there must be 20 or more lines. I didn't see his board though. 


He would 
straightening some lines out then let the wind grab it to check it out.  This took a long time.  Once it was all straight he packed it up.  That was a lot work but it is beautiful to see on the water.
For supper we had sweet and sour chicken.


I wanted to take pics of the sunset, but I was to late.  Sometimes the after photos are really good. here are a couple.




That was our day, see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment