Saturday, February 11, 2017

Friday 10th 2017 - Going to Lahaina

Friday 10th 2017 - Going to Lahaina

Dzien dobry (good morning) to my Polish friends.  For a day that should be cloudy and a strong wind blowing with rain.


All we have is a lot of VOG (fog and pollution from an erupting volcano) otherwise no clouds.  The weather men here have been going crazy about the weather conditions.  Kona winds reaching 50 mpg and flood warnings.  What drives them bonkers is a chance lightening.

We had a simple breakfast today.

This is my breakfast at home.  The strawberries where fantastic.  $2.99 a box.  You don't see prices like that here.  The other day at the Ritz Carlton (ABC store) the same box $6.99.  Well I must admit those berries were larger.

Lahaina here we come.

Can you believe it we have been here for nine days and it is the first time we went to Lahaina.  We were under the impression that there were less people here but we were wrong.  There is a big parking lot that has free parking near the large Banyan tree.  I was about to leave when a car was backing out so I moved in.  There was an local coming the other way so I gave offered it to  her.  She said no and we took it.  Now this spot was 1/4 on the exit and I was expecting to get a ticket.  We were right across form the grade school.  We walked down to Cool Cats.  The interior is designed for the 50's and 60's.  They play music form that era.  The menu had entrees like The Big Bopper and the Jail House Rock.  That was my choice.

First of all I couldn't open my mouth that far.  The sandwich was almost six inches long.  I still can't believe I ate the whole thing, I still can't believe I ate the whole thing. I used a knife and fork to make it smaller. I mean who eats a hamburger with a knife and fork..

After eating and walking very slow, I was beyond full, don't ya know, we went down one floor to look for another bowl for the kitchen, you know like the one we purchased last year.  I could spend a day here.  The owner turns these bowls in the morning and then brings them to his store to finish them.


This bowl is very similar to the one I bought last year.  I think this bowl is made from a Pleasant tree.  I was looking for a Koa tree bowl last year and the cheapest bowl was around $500 and the is out of my league.  We did find a Koa bowl for about 1/4 of that.


You can see the color is not quit as rich.  We had a nice talk with the owner and I told him I don't  turn wood I just make furniture.  He said he couldn't make straight lines pieces because of all the measuring.  I said I'm starting to have trouble measuring also.  Great store you can smell the tongue oil.  love the smell.  He turns wood so thin that you can put a light in it and his piece becomes the shade.

On our way out we stop in a fabric and quilting store were Clela bought two hot pads.

Nice touch of Hawaii.  You can see that parts of the pad were hand sown .

Well that's our day.  Do zobaczenia jutro, See you tomorrow in Polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment