Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday February 12 2017 - Picture Day

Sunday February 12 2017 - Picture Day
Ohayogozaimasu (Good Morning) to all my Japanese friends.  Today I'm going to give you pictures rather the my excellent command of the English language.  Okay you can stop laughing now, come on, your turning blue.
We got a lot of rain late yesterday and also early this morning.  I did make fun of the weathermen.  But in Lahaina we over herd a woman crying  on her cell phone. Who ever she was talking to said we are being evaluated.  We have been getting all these warnings about flooding and it was true.  Here is a progression of our morning.




From the rain in the morning.




 To breaks in the clouds.




To the sun shining on the palm trees.
We found a warm day, that means eating on the balcony.  To us having our coffee and eating out side is something we enjoy.

OMG who is that old man, jeez.  Ibuprofen for Clela.

After breakfast we went down to the ocean to do what we like, looking for whales and reading a good book.  We only had one chair, again, so Clela sets in the chair and I set in the front.  Now this is what I did for about hour and a half.

Can you see the two orange markers in the ocean?  Well there was also a third one in white.  This marks where the rip tide is most prevalent.  While looking for whales I found the marker moving across the bay heading for Molokai. I found no whales but I sat there and watch that marker move toward the other island.  With my super duper goggles I could see this marker almost reach the shore.  Now wasn't that exciting?  While setting there this guy comes walking by with a Wisconsin hat.  Of course we started to talk.  He was from Hudson.  We had a nice conversation.

While walking back to our condo we stopped to take a few pictures.
Look here you can really see the pollution in the water


 Yesterday there were no people out here and look at today.




This area was a big swimming pond.



Had to stop here for some flowers.
Lunch time.  Clela is always creative.


After eating and our story we decided we need sum shaved ice.  So off to  Lahaina we went.  We were wondering if we could remember where our special parking lot was.  We did and had to dodge a large puddle.



To pay you must put $4 in a slot and push each dollar with a key.


Most parking lots here are 3 to 4 dollars an hour. Our parking lot was $4 dollars all day.


This been our favorite place. We ordered a small shaved ice with ice cream on the bottom, our topping was passion fruit, orange guava (POG) with a snow cap (sweet milk). Oh was it good.


Oops, I think I forgot to take a picture.
We decided to take a short walk and Lo and behold The Cheese Burger in Paradise is open.  I guess you can't believe everything you read on Trip Advisor.


I stopped to take a couple picture of the shimmering ocean.



As we walked past the restaurant I took this picture.

It looks like a ghost town.  Most of the time you have to step in the street to pass someone.
Okay we are now back at out condo and while I was walking in there is a valley I like to explore.

I think I cutoff to much.  Look in the bottom left corner and there it is.  If I was only younger I would make the hike.  My luck would be to run into someone who is growing Maui wowy.  He would say hey dude what in the H are you doing here.  You know the big dude with a burly beard,big jeans with one strap missing, chewing a cud with brown teeth, what teeth he has and I would become his slave.  You get the picture.

Supper time.  As you can see by now we are not big on alot of food.


We were thinking how many times did we eat out, Aw once for breakfast and twice for lunch.  She said we should be eating out more.  Thus, this was our day and I must say Oyasumi (good night) in Japanese.  Alright maybe I talk to much. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment