Thursday, February 2, 2017

Traveling

January 30-31

On the 30th we went from Milwaukee to Minnesota and then on to L.A.  Maybe it is the excitement of the trip but I never sleep well.  My problem is I'm always thinking the alarm set of 2:45 will not go off.  I wake up every half hour and turn on my phone to make sure it's is on.  Finally I got up at 2:30 I couldn't sleep any more. You know we also have  a triple threat to worry about.  We had the weather, the Trump demonstrations in L.A. and last Delta computers went down.
The weather  
You know when you have been waiting the whole year for this trip you start looking at the weather 15 days out.  I knew we were about to get 2 inches of snow Monday night. We had a lull in the storm so I went outside and cleared the side walk.  The next morning worrying about the snow I went out only to find out it was still snowing and we got more than 2" inches.  So you all know me I made an area for the van to park so we wouldn't have to trudge through the snow.  Looking at the driveway my next worry was that the driver from Go Rite wouldn't be able to get in. He did and we were on our way only to find out we had two other stops to make.  Now I know it is a shared ride but we never had to share, five years now and in a snow storm. We went into Waukesha off of G. Yes heading went to go east.  Oh did I say and driving slow! This old lady and husband who later said she all ways traveled in a wheel chair were now walking out to the van and down a driveway that was so slippery that the van could not go up after two attempts. Next we drove into Brookfield/Waukesha and drove almost to Capital Drive to pickup the next guy.  As we were leaving we could not drive up the incline to leave.  We backed out the way we came in.  Yes not a very good planed circle.  Okay we are now on our way heading east yea! We hit the freeway that was good traveling and he took off like grease lighten for the airport.  We were picked up at 4:00 and now it was about 5:30.  We made it to our gate with about a half hour before boarding.  This is not the way I travel, just ask Sam.  Once in Orlando I had us down stairs before the TSA was there.  Oh we stayed in the airport Hyatt in a conference room, but that's another story.  Read travel problems from this web site.
Travel to the cities
We got to our gate and they were already loading the plane.  So I got in line and told Clela to hurry and get in line.  She said Gene, Gene your not going to Atlanta are you.

Okay maybe I was  a little nervous After a gate change our flight was on time.  We had a small plane, seating two by two.  Great flight with no problems.
If you ever traveled to the Minnesota airport you had better have your running shoes on, not so good for Clela.  We ate breakfast at one of those places that didn't have waitress just an IPad.

Had some problems navigating but got my order with  a little help.  I"ll do better next time.  That system is coming to all airports.  Oh by the way I payed 18% to someone who brought my food out.  All right she did help me my order.
Now to our gate.  put your track shoes on baby because it was a long hall. Being here before we knew about the carts.  We got on and there was no way Clela could have walked it.
 Traveling to LAX
We always have a plan when traveling with seat 3 by 3 we always book seats A and C.  Most people don't like sitting in the middle. First of all to do this there is a charge to upgrade and then to have to set in the middle is a double whammy, thus we have nobody sitting in the middle.  Well it didn't work.  We had a young man who was a good traveler.  He worked in his computer most of the way.  Oh who got the middle you may ask me.  We have another system the is if it is a women Clela sits in the middle and if a man I do.  We had a pleasant flight to LAX.  Upon arriving we got an phone call that I thought was phishing call so I hung up.  We went down stairs to get our bags and found no bags!  We went to the service desk and they track our bags.  Our bags went on a early flight.  Wow a maybe I should have listen the the whole phone message.  We found our way to our bus and traveled to the Hyatt LAX.  This hotel was just remodeled.  We have been waiting for this change about a year because it wasn't a Hyatt.  Now being a Hyatt we arranged used points, so that's free baby.  Love free stuff.  Beautiful.


 I'd call it a modern retro.  The furniture in our room was new but retro in style.  After taking a rest we went down and had a lunch/supper in a bar. We went up stairs and basically went to bed.
January 31st Traveling to Maui
This was our big day, we are flying first class.  Can you believe it all those years flying coach with no room to move.  All those years of fighting the person in front of me because when they put their seat back to the point we couldn't reach our tray to eat.  All these years of no leg room.  Well no more. Okay just one leg flying going and one leg going home. The Hyatt van was on time. I though we would run into those Trump protesting.  No protesting and a another worry crossed off my worry list.
Boarding the plane
Every time we have boarded a plane we always turn to the right.  This time we went to the front of the plane to the third roll.  Holly Cow those seats were huge.
 The leg room was more than comfort plus.
After we took off they gave us Mai ties to get in a good Hawaiian mood.

 Next they served us breakfast. As the flight attendant was handing out the warm towels to wash our hands the same time an announcement was made that there was no food just snacks for the rest of the passengers, we had food. We had a choice of an omelet or oat meal.  We had the omelet.

All through the flight the flight attendance were on the run.  I sat back in my chair and said to Clela ahhh this is where I belong.
We arrived in Maui about 1:30, 5:30 your time.  A flight I will never forget.
Our condo
We picked up our car and our first stop was at the coffee outlet store for our brand of coffee that is grown just up the mountain side.

Our next stop we went to Goodwill for our beach chairs.  We found two new chairs for $14.00 dollars. You can't beat that.  We were suppose to get the door combo numbers upon arriving. No way, that fell through, however we knew where to go to get the numbers.  There office is right across the street.  Even tho we were getting into our condo around three we were tired.  I think part of the problem was we had to get up so early two days in a roll, 2:30 on Tuesday and 4:00 on Wednesday.
Well that's our first two days. I still liked the two days but we'll see next year.  See you later.












































































No comments:

Post a Comment