Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Tuesday February 7th 2017- Let Us Go Shopping

Tuesday February 7th 2017- Let Us Go Shopping
I say God morgon (good morning in the Swedish language.
We got a lot of rain yesterday.  We had winds of up to 45 MPG.  The Fire and Rescue was very busy.  I think we heard at least five or six times sirens.  That was yesterday today looks more promising.

We can see Molokai Island clearly today.  It's nice and warm in the sun.  Now it is coffee time, read the Journal and have breakfast.
Cheesy scrambled eggs, a slice of Spam, half a bagel with Lilikoi cream cheese and two slices of pineapple.

Each day we go down to the ocean to relax.  Clela reads her book and I look for whales.

If you look at the water right by shore you can see a brown tint to it.  That is run off from far up in the mountains.  Right next to our condo complex there is a run off drain to control flooding down stream.
On any given day without the rain this water is cristal clear, with a water level of about twelve inches.  Today as you can see about 3 feet of muddy water.  This water extends about a quarter of a mile into the ocean.  Not the best water since you are getting run off from farm land.  Maybe a little toxic.  The water cleans up in a couple days.
We only had one lounge chair so Clela sets back and I set in front.  Next time we'll bring our own chairs.  Very few whale sightings.  We went back up to our condo and got ready to go to the Whaler Shopping Mall for lunch.  Now I'm always dressed before Clela and lots of time we end up dressed with the same color clothing.

 Great pic I think.  I have a white top and dark blue shorts on.  Clela has a dark blue top with white Capri's on.  Close but no cigar.


Here we are at the Hula Girl restaurant at the mall.  Great food.  Okay I'm sorry I forgot to show you our food.  I found pictures of our food on line.
We did have good drinks. We ordered Plantation Lemonade. We also ordered Pot stickers.



We ordered, Clela had fish and chips and I had fish tacos.  I have ordered fish tacos before with mixed results but today it was unbelievably good.
Photo of Hula Grill Kaanapali - Lahaina, HI, United States. The Barefoot is more casual with items like fresh fish & chips
Fish and chips

Photo of Hula Grill Kaanapali - Lahaina, HI, United States. Fish taco
Fish Tacos,   my fish looked better than this pic.  The fish were thick white fish.
They have been reinventing this mall for several years now and it's looking good.  There is a lot of high end stores here that have not been affected by the work.


Clela had three things she was looking for. She found a hat and bought some flip flops and once again I have no pics.  We also wanted to find two coffee mugs for our set and we came up short.
That was our day.  Good bi to all my Swedish friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment