Monday, February 29, 2016

2016 Clela's vacation bucket list


Good morning to you. Here is a new look at our morning. 

This is were all the birds roost. 
Breakfast 
 
Just scrambled eggs with salsas, papaya, toast with jelly that we bought with us. A couple years ago Chris and Brad gave us a Christmas gift of food around the world. The package arrives each month with food samples. I think the jelly came from Spain. We do like to put jelly on toast so this jelly was a good travel size. Clela also packs coffee, creamer and sugar just for that first morning cup of coffee in paradise. That way we can have a cup before we go out for breakfast and go food shopping.   
Vog
We have Vog this morning. Vog occurs when there is volcano eruption, the wind in the right direction ( from the big island) and fog. So fog and ash creat Vog. There is an island behind those people. 
 
It's hard to see but two people who are paddling on long boards. Even tho it's hard to see we saw a mother wale teaching her baby how to breach the ocean. How do we know it was a baby you ask. It was the size of the two. Like looking at a bus and a Chev Spark car breaching out of the ocean. 
We were setting here Clela reading a me working on the blog when a women start taking pictures of our non beach. As she came up we started to talk. After some small talk about the weather Clela asked her were she was from she said Virginia and we said Milwaukee and she said were in Milwaukee I was born and grew up there. We said we're not from Milwaukee but Sussex. She met her husband while working for GE medical. Her husband is from Waukesha. Small world.

Clela's vacation bucket list 

Before coming to Maui Clela made a list of things she wanted to do. Here is her list. 

She started the list last year. As you can see we have checked a lot with a week to go I think we'll make all items on her list. Today we accomplished two of them. The fist one today we ate lunch at Star Noodle. She found this on Trip Advisor. She had a map but we kept going in circles so we used GPS. 

  Just a small place in an industrial area. Now I've got to tell you I had misgivings about this place. Well was I wrong. The parking lot was full and people were sitting outside. We had a 45 minute wait but if we would sit at the bar we could get in sooner. We chose to sit at the bar.  I think we waited about 15 minutes and we go in, and don't you know there were tables to set at. We sat down by a husband and wife from Chicago. 
  Take a look at the plate on the table. No fork, no knife and no spoon. Just chopsticks. My food arrived before Clela's. I ordered Kinchee Raman noodles. Okay I can do this with chopsticks.

 

See I told you so. No problem. Well if you look close I just opened the sticks and scoped up noodles. I ordered a good non alcoholic drink of cucumber lemon limeade. Clela's food arrived about 15 minutes later. 
She ordered Singapore noddles. She also can use chopsticks. 

My chopsticks broke and I had to ask for forks. The was so much food we took the rest back to our condo. See that big dude over Clela's shoulder, he ordered the same thing I did. He took those chopsticks and broke them apart. He went through that bowl and eat the whole thing. He picked his little spoon and drank all that juice. 
Clela's next bucket list was a new beach. It's about 6 minutes from our condo. 
Kahikeli Beach Park
It's located near the Whaler Village. This translates to money and private. However this is an public beach. 



I always thought you could never match Florida gulf side beaches but here we are beaches that stretch as far as you can see each way. If you zoom in on the rock outcropping you are at the Sheridan Resort. 
You look the other way and the beach goes up to the resorts next door.  There is a beach walk that goes all that way. 
I think Clela and I will make a picnic and park our bodies right here. Next to this spot there is some private homes like this one. 
Now I know I'm where I should be. 
Well that is our day. We drove back to our condo. We had leftovers for supper. What a great day. Stay tune we have more of Clela's vacation bucket list to cover and you will be there to see her wonders. 
See ya 

No comments:

Post a Comment