Wednesday, February 24, 2016

2016 G'Day

The 
Day 11
Another great day. 

Breakfast 
Breakfast was just a simple, not to much meal. 

I'm sitting by the ocean just Clela and I and a young expecting mother with her husband, I think. 
I'm thinking, bad sign, there should be more greetings. Most people say good morning or like the people from Australia say G'Day. How about good afternoon or good evening. I think those greeting just miss the boat. None of them greet you for meals, like good breakfast to you or good lunch to ya. My life centers around three meals, breakfast @ 7:00, lunch @ 12:00 and supper @ 6:00 don't cha know. If your speaking Hawaiian and your eating a fish toco you would say humuhumunukunukuapua’a  toco. 
Lunch
Good lunch to ya. Now didn't that sound like a great greeting. 
Doesn't that look good.  We had our story and a nap. Now we are back down by the pool by the ocean. 


We are the ones who try to find shade. The sun is very intense. I've got my drink, binoculars, towel, and chair. 
Now if I could see a whale. Well I really don't need to just looking out there is so beautiful. 
Had to move it was toooo hot by the pool. 
Now I have to find a new chair. You might ask why, well  see that big space between the slats, that's where my butt goes. Remember when you were a kid in you were sitting in a outhouse and the hole was so big. That's the feeling I have. I remember putting one hand the left side of the hole and my right hand on the other side and prayed,  Don't  fall through, Don't fall through.  
To lazy to find a new chair. I moved the back up and that seems to help.  
The ocean is quite choppy today which makes it hard to spot whales.  The waves are almost normal.  Tomorrow we are planning  to go north to Flemming Beach. We know it will be closed to swimming, but we should see some large waves. The swells are predicted to be 50 feet on the north shore of Oahu. Quick Silver is sponsoring a big surf contest. I know it will be less here but the waves will be larger than yesterday at 25 feet.  I wish our cameras would capture the size.  Hey if your going to take that shot you will be swept away.  
Swim 
We both have had our swimming suits on all day. We decided to go for a swim in the new pool. 
This pool is officially the baby pool. Lots of tots. The water was warm and inviting. Here is my pic of the day. 

This picture was taken behind the waterfall.  No I didn't get my IPad wet.  Clela sitting with me thought I was going to take her picture. She wasn't to happy to see my IPad behind the falls. 
Lahaina
We are off to Lahaina still on our quest to find a Koa bowl. Got to show you what we are wearing. 

Okay, we have been married for 51 years. 
Clela's list
We are going to a new place to eat tonight. It's called Cool Cat Cafe Maui.  We have looked at this place for a long time. It's across the street from the large Banyan tree.  They have burgers with names like "The Big Bopper" or "Bonanza", The Duke" and more Salads called "Buddy Holly". Right there that is your music.  Peggy Sue, Peggy Sue. Everyday it's a getting closer. Ah the best music.
Okay we both ate just half and took the rest home. 
Shopping 
We went to just two stores. One was all things made on Maui. The other had the type of bowl I've been looking for. I did some shop talk with the owner, you know woodworker to woodworker.  That might be our place to buy a Kao bowl. 
Well that's it. 
See ya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment