Thursday, February 25, 2016

2016 In search of the big wave

Just another blessed day

I love the sun shining on the tree tops. Like the leaves are touched with gold. The crispness of a new day. There is a feeling in your gut of excitement. 
Good breakfast to you
See when you hear that you have something to look forward to.

 Just me and Jimmy Dean. Okay, I did have raisin bread withe my coffee. No papaya today.
This morning we are going on a picnic. We are going north to Fleming Beach in search of the big wave. The Big Surf contest is on. They are expecting 50 foot waves. The last time this contest was held was the year Chris was born 1969. That's the last time Oahu had the contest. Waves have never been that big. So my reasoning is maybe some of those wave will come ashore here.  
Fleming Beach
We arrived at the park with the roar of the ocean. Ocean spray covered the area like fog. The wind was blowing and there was an excitement and anticipation on my part for high surf. We found a picnic bench and laid out our food. 

What color. We had half of our supper last night and we stopped by an ABC store and got some pineapple.
 
Okay  the Ritz Carlton calls it something else. We had a great lunch, cleaned up and set off to take some awesome pictures.  We found some shade to put our chairs down and this is what I saw. 



As you can see no real big waves. We stayed here a couple hours. I had a rest closing my eyes a couple of times. I said to Clela lets go north some more closer the the real north side of the island. This involves driving 25 mph and making switch back turns. We settled on a small beach to see those big waves. There got to be some 25 footers out here. 

Great stones, hard to walk on but no big waves. Let's go north some more.  More switch back curves. We are going to the blow hole. I'm sure we'll see some large monster waves. After making one false stop we found the blow hole. 



NO LARGE WAVES. We got in the car and drove back tired but a well spent day with my lady. Okay I was a little tired. 
That is our day. 
See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment