Saturday, February 27, 2016

2016 Maiued Out

Maiued Out
Maiued out is a condition that is physical and mentally. Some people have said that about me. Maybe you have had it and didn't receive help for a qualified consultant. I just happen to have a RN who works with people and can recognize the symptoms. 
1. Mellowed out. You just want to set by the ocean
2. You know what you want to do, but you can't decide when you want to do it. 
3. You tend to stare at nothing
Now take me. The ocean is calling me. Gene, Gene come to me. Did you hear that. Gene, gene. Should I  go to Lahaina and buy that bowl or should I go down to the ocean. Should I take my shower and get dressed with my swimming suit or with my clothes. Lahaina in the morning or Lahaina in the afternoon. Stay tuned. 
Another great day

A lot of nonsense before breakfast. 
Breakfast or good breakfast to you
Coffee first than I'll talk........ Okay I can talk now. Here is breakfast. 
Granola with banana and organic milk squeeze with my own hands. You have raisin bread and a half of a papaya. Now that was a lot of food. 
Lahaina
We decided to go to Lahaina about 11 to buy that quest bowl. We went to the harbor end to find a place to park free but when we got their the lot was full. So we found the next lot up that was parking for the harbor. This lot was full and as we were leaving we saw a family coming in. So we waited and waited it seam like for ever and they started to leave when the man rowed down and gave us a ticket for three free hours. Just when you think bad thoughts about them an act of kindness takes place. Just  shows you don't judge to fast on people.  As we were walking we saw the the art show was going on under the banyan tree.  So off we went. 









We went up to the store and fulfill our final quest of this year. Had a long talk with the owner again. Nice guy. We talked of the fragile ecology of the island. I told him I was a tech Ed teacher and my type of woodworking was furniture and I could do anything without plans. He said he took one woodworking class in high school and didn't do well.  The difference between us is he is an artist first. He works with feel and touch but still has perimeters like making the bowl too thin. He said he breaks one in twenty. Some of his work is so thin you can shine a light through it.  I'll show you the bowl later. After leaving a fisherman walked up with his catch of the day.

Three yellow fin tuna. I have only seen that once before. Can't get much fresher than that. 

Lunch Good lunch to you
We had two more stops before going back to the condo. One was lunch and the other was stopping at Barns and Noble. We ate at Teddys Big Buggers. Nice place, family type. We were at the opening day a couple years ago. They that a look at us and say are you  Kamaʻāina and we say yes we live here one month a year and they say good enough. He knock four dollars off our meal. Well we were waiting for our meal we saw this at a table near us. 
  Now that is one big Hawaiian. I wonder how long it took to make that tattoo. He was having a birthday party for a child. He bought food for at four or five tables. I thought could he be a decent of IZ
Kamakawiwoʻole. When he got up to sing I knew he was not a son of IZ. Big guy with a good heart.  

After eating and going to Barns and Noble so Clela could get another book in her series we drove back to our condo.  Our AC shut down again so we had to wait for maintenance to fix it. Not a AC expert all he did was turn off the power at the junction box and turn it back on and walla its working. We are settling into an routine and part of that is going down to the ocean. Clela reads and I whale watch or write my blog. I was thinking oh, no, okay think about this the Internet. I'm sitting out there by the ocean writing my blog. Every once and a while I upload my work to that big cloud in the sky. Now can you see all those encrypted text that is broken down into little pluses and minuses, + and - that form my text, just flying around on there way to you. Holy Cow I love technology.

  Clela saw some whales far out and gave the binoculars to me. It jump up to see and I ran square into a big branch on a tree. Here is what it looked like. 
What I saw was an old man with a gash on his head. Man that can't be me. How did I get that old.  
Swimming 
The next thing we do each day is take a swim. On our way back we saw people crowed around a young man who was fishing. He had a big fish on line. He worked very hard but got no where. Every time he would crank the fish in it would slip out.  He fought and fought all the while more people gathered. 
I took some video and just sat down to watch him land the fish when the line snapped. We did make it to the pool and had our swim along with the tots. 
The bowl
Well here it is our 2016 quest the bowl
Okay it is not Koa wood. It's called Milo wood. Good for making bowls, has a fine grain with rich color that becomes darker with age. 
It was signed by the Artist/Owner. I love it.
Well that is our day. 
See ya at the Oscars

No comments:

Post a Comment