Wednesday, February 17, 2021

 Monday February 15th 2021

Farmer's Market

Monday was a day like most other days.  We got up, made our coffee and went out on the lanai to start our day.  It is somewhat dark when we get out there. the sun is just starting to light the sky.  


before you know it the sun comes up over the mountain and the day starts with all those birds start flying off.  I'll try to show arriving at about 6:30 each night and leaving about 6:15 in the morning.

Farmers Market

After breakfast our goal was getting more fruit. We decided to also stop at the BAD ASS Coffee Shop for a cold coffee latte, then go to the market for fruit and then go over to the small park across the street.

We jumped in to our car (no, I can't see us doing that) and off we went.  We had a hard time getting out on the street. We drove up to the street with a ton of traffic. What is going on?  We got the last handicap parking spot and proceeding to walk to the Farmers Market store.  If I didn't say it before there in no outside market but there is always fresh fruit inside.  As we walked past the Bad Ass store we could see the store was not open.  I mean what the hay. Oh well no latte.  We proceeded to the store and got our fruit.  We got a very large papaya.  Clela always his a great eye and feel for a papaya when it is ready to eat.  We also got some honey bananas, don't let the name fool ya, they look and taste like any other banana.  We needed something to drink so we walked around the store and we found some small bottle of a yogurt to drink.  

Honokowai Beach Park

We put the food in the car, got our chairs out and went over to the park.  The park was full of young families.  We found a place near the water and set up our chairs and sat down.  We finally figured out there was no school, Presidents Day.  I would have liked to show you kids playing in the sand and in the water. I always consider this as a no, no. people are very protected of their kids and I can't blame them. We opened up our drink and to our surprise it was terrible. We both looked at each other and Clela said it for the both of us it was bad, like sour milk, only with a taste of strawberry. Hey we paid three bucks each so we drank it down. After about two hours we drove back to our condo.

Rescue

I the afternoon sitting on our lanai doing a little whale watching I saw two people on long boards. Some people are crazy to do that but I have seen that may times.  I also saw a whale watching boat heading out.  Some whales was giving a real show, mine was through my binoculars. They went right next to the two on long boards. The boat stopped and talked the the long boarders for at least five minutes before circling around to the front of the boat.  I said to Clela I think they are trying to convince them to get on the boat.  The currents are very high in some places.  The boat then turn around to the back and the two long boarders got on.  I think I just saw a rescue.  Anyway off went the boat looking for whales.

The Birds (da birds da birds ad birds is the word)

Hey I said earlier about the birds arriving around six well bear with me my pics are not too close. 



If you look at the top edge of the resort you will see birds sitting there.  More and more birds keep arriving until all of a sudden the birds in groups of two start diving straight down and landing in the trees in the center. Lots of palm trees here and a beautiful place to walk through in the day time but not at night. As more birds land they fly around from tree to tree and the noise is to a high pitch.  This noise goes on for about 45 minutes and all of a sudden it stops.  This happens every day.  I say if you must walk during this time where a hat or don't walk under a tree.

Well the was our day see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment