Sunday, February 28, 2021

Sunday February 28th 2021 

Going Into Lahaina For Lunch

Got up early this morning and took these photos.



I wish I could get a photo like this in the night. Too cool and windy to eat out on the lanai.



Can you believe it's cereal, Honey Nut Cheerios.   It is gluten free, Real Honey and low cholesterol.  The second ingredient is sugar.  Okay I do like this cereal.  Great strawberries.

It was raining so of course I looked for a rainbow.  Wow it was a full rainbow touching the ground on the other side of the restaurant.  From the kitchen I ran with my phone.  By the time I opened the patio doors it was gone.  This is what I did find.




I don't know if you can see this. There is a very light rainbow.




We got dressed and off we went to Lahaina for the first time in two years.  We thought about several parking lots, Clela thought maybe I couldn't find them, but after going there it was like we never left.  



We always liked the Paia Fish Market.  Clela thinks this 
restaurant is as good as the food is at the original restaurant. I think the store in Paia is better.  Maybe the food is the same but it's the smallness and the picnic tables you eat at that force you to meet people from all over. That can't happen now no matter where you are.  Paia is a small diverse community of  hippy' from the sixties. Okay sorry about the diversion.  Anyway we arrived at Cool Cats, just up several steps and over to an elevator and here we are.



 We get a table overlooking the street and the park with the banyan tree. 



Yes you couldn't walk down front street before the pandemic.  We are here early in the day and there seems to be lots of traffic.  Things haven't change much. There is no art in the park on Sunday.  I really think this community is coming back.
We both ordered a chicken sandwich fries and onion rings combo.  





I didn't show mine or Clela's sandwich.  Mind was three to four inches in diameter.  I must have been hungry because I ate the whole thing.
We stopped in one shop on our way back to the car.  It's all Island art from paintings to glass works.  Always got to stop there.

We watched the Golden Globe awards. They started at 3:00 and ran to 6:00.



After the awards  Clela said it's time to eat.  Well I didn't want much.  Clela made a small hot ham sandwich and she had the other half of her lunch. I did get one more after sunset photo.

Beautiful photo.  Can you see the Hawaiian image on the side building.  That's all folks, see ya

No comments:

Post a Comment