Friday, February 26, 2021

Thursday February 25th 2021

The Answer My Friend Is Blowin' In the Wind - Bob Dylan and Pete Seeger

The wind is plowing at 35-45mph with gust up to 55mph.  Looks are deceiving looking from our lanai.  Sure the palm trees are blowing but not like they are on the other side of our condo.  When we go out and walk towards the elevator there is a real strong corridor where the wind howls.  Here a look out today.



The racing canoes are going by, I don't know how.  Well as you can see we will eat inside not because it's cool but because of the wind.


Large breakfast including coffee.

We decided to go to the Whaler Village, a rather high end mall.  We love going there because of the number of great restaurants and some merchants we visit every year. Lots of cars in parking lot. we got inside, all open air and this is what we saw.


This is looking past the Louis Vuitton store.  Not many people shopping, although most of the stores were open, which was good..  Love the place.  While taking a short cut to the Hulu Grill I found this interesting plant.  It's not a pineapple plant.


I think a mini pineapple plant or pineapple lily. Only you don't eat this pineapple..

We got to the restaurant.  I think we found the people.  We had to wait a half hour but it's worth the wait.  We ate outside in a deep sand area.  I say that because with sandals on they fill up with each step.  





We ordered our drinks. 


Clela had a Hibiscus Hua and I had Plantation Lemonade

Our food was the best I have ever had.



Both meals were served on flatbread. Mind on top was Kalua Pork & Pineapple Flatbread and Clela's Surfing Goat Cheese Flatbread.  This was by far the best food I have ever had at Hula Grill.  We have been eating here for the last 20 some years.  Just a simple meal with a great taste.
One of the reasons we went to the Whaler Village (mall) was to buy a replacement coffee cup.  Can't remember how it broke.
One of the loses to the Whaler was our Honolulu cookie Company.  The cookie is one thing we will miss.  

After going back to the condo we had leftovers.  Well the was our day. Well not quite.  We watched a move Inglorious Basterds.  We saw it before.  Didn't remember how much killing there was.  Clela went to bed early.  The movie was a long one getting over at 11.  Went to bed but couldn't sleep because our room was receiving a direct blow of wind up to 55mph. The windows would shake, the bed even shook.  Just about the time I would settle down a blast would hit sending the windows rattling. So I decided to try to sleep on the couch. There is a problem because even though my feet stretched over the arm by maybe 8 inches. Okay I put one foot on the arm and the other on the floor.  With my body twisting, I tried to sleep.  My back started to ache and spaz up.  Try something else.  There is a large table the same height as the couch.  So I moved next to the couch, got a pillow and put both feet on the pillow.  This worked for an hour. Now about 12:30 things not working out I went back to bed and did fall to sleep. Good night and see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment