Friday, February 13, 2015

2015 Day 10 How Can I Do Nothing

Day 10 How Can I Do Nothing

We awoke at 6:30 today.  Not a good start for the day.  There is high wind warnings and maybe some rain.
Not a very good start for the day, but at least it's not 10 degrees and feels like -6 below.  Today is a work day, well you'll see.  We ate breakfast inside again because by the time we got everything outside our food would be cold.  Here is my breakfast

Spam, potato pancake and fruit with juice.  As I'm setting there eating I have notice's Clela eats different than I do.  This is nothing new I have noticed it before.  Here is my plate after eating some of my breakfast.

Here is Clela's plate.

She saves her fruit for last and I eat mind first.  Isn't that interesting.  Now think which food would you eat first.

Just an update on the construction next store.  You can see the crane operator making his morning commute up to his crane.
Today it is different.  As my grandson would and I quote "It's over".  Yes the roof is finished.  Only thing left is to dismantle everything and bring it down.  They have to dismantle that structure on top.  I think there is skylights that were covered.



They were working in all that wind.  They stopped before noon, too much wind.

Today was laundry day.  It takes forever to do a load of wash.

Clela will be doing wash all day.  At home that would be done in about 2 hours.

After starting our first load of laundry we head off to the Farmer's market.  It's a good walk for us.
As long as we are there we always go over to the park.  I think it had some interesting trees.  The one I choose was like a jungle gym for kids.  Kids are cute but I will not take a picture of them.  No way Jose.  I took several pictures and I dare you to find a child.




Okay I played a little with the last picture. 

We got back to our condo and here is what we brought today.

That's Banana Nut bread, Maui Guava Strawberry Jam and Blueberry Flax Granola.  We love the fruit. Yummmmm.
As the day went on the sun came out but the wind was strong.

After lunch we decided to go and set by the ocean.  We found two chairs by the big pool looking out into the ocean.  We sat there for about an hour and a half.  Toooo hot for me.  We were not sitting in the shade.  Clela said why don't you put your towel over your legs.  Nope too hot.  I said lets go and set on the grass in the shade, so we did.  The wind was so strong my hat was sitting straight up.  The wind was blowing over benches.

We sat there for another half hour and I said that's it.  I can't sit here with nothing to do.  How can these people sit here and do nothing.  You see people reading, sleeping, sun tanning. Really people DO SOMETHING WILL YA!!  Okay settle down Gene.  It must be time for our afternoon drink.  I'm going to have to work no doing nothing.  Maybe it's time to say See YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment