Tuesday, February 24, 2015

2015 Day 21 Hot and Cold

Day 21 Hot and Cold

It's breakfast on the Lani.  Work is continuing next door.

Their is no papaya on my plate.


As I was reading the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel I notice something about my beautiful coffee cup.  The only way I can enjoy the beauty is to drink with my right hand.



Really! That is not fair.  They say one of the problems with the elderly is that they can't adapted to change.  How many times have you heard this?  Well I got news for all you righties.  Left handed people have been adapting all their lives, so we (lefties) adapted better as we age.

We got an early start to whale watching today.  We watched a long boarder paddling. 


I know he is hard to see.  You do know you can click on the picture to make it larger.  A diving class was just entering the water.


After two hours of sitting by the ocean, we went back to our condo.  Time to decide what to do.  Clela said lets get dressed up and go out and have lunch at Dukes.  Going out to our car it started to rain, yes rain.  You remember we were going to Dukes on Valentines Day and we canceled because of rain.  After a short walk next door we arrived in the rain.


We ordered Dukes Lemonade to start.

I say who is that old man in his Tommy Bahama shirt.
I ordered a Mac Nut encrusted fish sandwich.

Hey, my dish matched my shirt.  Clela ordered a fish taco.

Matchy, matchy.  You do know after living together you tend to dress similar.  I just don't understand why she won't get matching outfits from Hilo Hattie.  The food was great and we did make it to Dukes after all.

We got back to our condo and after listing to our story, we went down to the grass area, in the shade to read and rest.  The wind was blowing and it was cold.  We sat there and it was cold, I had goose bumps.  Sorry I do realize this is not cold.  If you want cold come to Wisconsin.  Okay cold by Maui standards.  We got up and found two lounge chairs in the sun by the ocean.  You could feel the warmth on you body.  I mean hot, hot, smok'in hot.  We sat there with my legs burning, I mean hot.  Okay off we went to the small pool.  We did our swimming and got out with a cold breeze blowing.  We dried off on the run and went up to our condo.

For supper we tried something new.  Some of us oldies do try something new.  We grilled our hamburgers out side and had cheese burgers. 

This was our sunset.


See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment