Thursday, February 26, 2015

2015 Day 23 Whales, Whales

Day 23 Whales, Whales

Clela and I have been coming to the islands since 1993.  If you ask my family what subjects I have the most pictures of, they would say fish and whales.  They are probably saying, oh no!  I figure if I take enough pictures sooner or later I will get the perfect shot.  It didn't happen.  A good camera, I tried that.  You have to lug all that extra stuff around.

Yes, here we are at the harbor.  We left the condo at 7:30 this morning.  We had all these weather predictions, rain, wind.  It looks like rain.  Well lets get on the boat.  They always let the foundation people on the boat first.  By getting there early we were the second couple to get on the boat.  While everyone headed up top, not us, we went through the cabin and to the front.  Oh yes there were two seats for us
.  Ha Ha. This isn't our first trip buccaneers.  You see these people in the front have the big cameras.  They always angle the boat so they get the best pictures. 
This is my best picture.  Yes there is a whale's tail out there.  Click to see. 
There was a competitive pod.  This is where several males chase a female.  It's a war.  We had a very good host to our whale watch.  Here is a short video.


I did get a good shot of Maui on the way back.


Now I know I didn't show you lots of whales, but it was by far one of our best whale watching outings.

After two hours out on the boat in perfect weather.  For the most part the sea was like glass, there was a gentle breeze blowing.  Hey the weathermen are always right.  We headed across the street for breakfast at the Pioneer Restaurant.


A good drink and good food.


Nothing but two tired out people we were and still are.  Here was our sunset.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment