Friday, February 6, 2015

2015 Day 3

Damn Good Day
Okay grandchildren I'm going to say damn a lot today, I hope that is appropriate to say.  Our damn good day started with me sleeping until 7:30.  Wow! can you believe that.  I guess being up for 24 hours has caught up to me.  Now what is a damn good day?  It's when you have nothing planned and you have fun.

My damn good day started with a damn good cup of coffee, my choice Maui Mokka out side looking for Wales.  Next I had a damn good breakfast composed of Jimmy Dean Delights, English Muffin, Chicken Sausage Patty, egg whites and sharp American cheese and some fruit.  Wait a minute, I can see that smile from here.  Hey it's good. I also had Safeway orange juice. Nothing but the best for us.




 After breakfast we putting our walking shoes on and went to the best damn farmer's market on Maui.  The market is about three blocks away.  Clela loves flowers.

Today we bought a tomato, apple bananas, Papaya, pineapple and a mango.
 
They also had a spread for bagels called Lilkoi Passion fruit cream cheese.  Great spread.  After shopping we went across the street to a park.  We found a bench and set down to look a the ocean, Lanai and Molokai. 
 






We hope to see some whales.  The best thing we saw was a dad and little girl wading in the water.  She had a sun hat on and a swimming suit with flippers for swimming.  Best of all she would go on shore, pick up two hands of sand and wade out in the water and throw it in.  It reminded me of the grand kids many years ago.
Well we walked back stopping at the ABC store.  This is where our quest for the day started.  We wanted to find a Koa dish for my keys and phone.  Also we were looking for the best damn coffee travel mugs.  You say coffee mugs, you have a ton of those at home.  We forgot to bring ours.  Clela's wants no metal on top and I want one that doesn't leak.  We found none.

After arriving home it was coffee time.  This time Clela used her coffee choice, Peaberry.  What you ask is Peaberry. 


Clela's coffee won hands down.  She has the best damn coffee in Maui.

After eating the best damn lunch and taking our time to listen to our story (taking a nap) we decided to take our quest to Lahaina.  I always park in the parking lot off  Prison street. Not today it was full.  We drove back toward the Hard Rock Cafe and going through several parking lots we found the best damn lot in Lahaina.  Get this we payed $3.00 for all day.  Yes that right three bucks.  Holy cow.  Keep this a secret.  Most lots charge $5.00 for two hours or $20 a day.  Off we went on our quest.  We did find the best damn ice cream in Lahaina.  That's all we found today, but it was fun. 


Stay tune for more exciting quest.  See ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment