Monday, February 9, 2015

2015 Day 6 You have to do what you have to do

Day 6

I'm like Clark you got to have a hook for people to watch or read a story.  Well I'm the same I've don't have much to say.  Today we have high wind and surf warnings.  That means to us Midwesterner's it going to snow and blow.  Well folks there is no snow here, but it is overcast and blowing.  No one is out tanning.  The kids are in the pool.  The kids would be in the pool if it was raining and cold.

We awoke at 6:30 this morning, not very warn out, but we still had our coffee on the Lani.  Gee whiz no breakfast picture today.  We had Jimmy with a slice of spam along with slices of pineapple.  We drank our coffee in our Bad Ass mugs.  I thought the weather man got it wrong like they seem to do at home, but there was not a cloud in the sky. Beautiful!  I decided to make the pictures larger.  I like it.

 
Okay there were a couple of clouds.
 
Do you remember what it was like to go someplace with children.  You had to pack for every event, whether it was feed the baby or changing a dipper, remember breathe through your nose.  You had everything in that bag, a bottle of milk, crackers, oh ya Cheerios.  Well now there is Clela and me.  It takes for ever.  Okay today we are going for a walk on the boardwalk next store.  You would think for us oldsters that would be easy.  Clela says let go.  Okay she goes into the bathroom.  I get my shoes on and come out of the bedroom and she is playing a game on her IPad.  I say lets go and we head for the door and I stop and say lets gets some water.  So we each grab a bottle and head for the door.  I get to the door and say I better go the the bathroom.  I come out out and she is playing the game. We finally get out the door.  Somethings don't change.  Hey, you got to do what you got to do.
 
The ocean walk goes from here to the Whalers.  Our goal today was in walk 30 minutes.  We got in the car and drove over to the park entrance and started our walk.
 

The walk goes past the Dukes restaurant.  We have reservations of Dukes on Valentines day.  We made them online before we got here.  I guess we are techies.
 

 
I told Clela lets see if we can stay in the complex.
 
 She said there were 209 unit for rent starting from $350 - $800 a night.  Forget about it.
 
We ate lunch and listen to our story.  The ocean was calling us.  You got it. after several attempts we finally got our act together and found a spot under a tree.  Didn't want too much sun you know.  About 5 minutes under the tree the sun under for good.
 
 
 The waves started getting closer to our chairs and it had a cold wind.  That's it, we're out of here.  I said lets get a drink and set on the Lani.  We had less wind, but still cold.  I put my jeans over my swimming suit and still was cold.  I mean look at me can't you tell I'm cold.  I think I need a sweat shirt.  I don't have one.  Hey the rum comes from Kauai.  We all did some Rum tasting.
 
Look at your poor mother.  She is very cold.
 
Doesn't she look like she needs a kimona.  What?  You don't know what a kimona is?  Every women her ages needs a Kimona.  A kimona is a house coat.  What is a house coat?  Man! A house coat is a bath robe or a duster the women wear all day.  Don't ask.  I think we got to do what we got to do.  Maybe that needs to be another quest.
 
Just supper and bed time.  Not!  I go to bed at 10:00 each night.  That's 5:00 your time. 
See ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment