Wednesday, February 21, 2018

February 21st 2018 Chinese New Year

Today looks like an overcast day, but that's okay as long as no rain.  Looking out into the ocean all you can see is a small part of Molokai.


We are planning on going out for breakfast so there was no hurry, just a good cup of coffee.  I had a hard time figuring what to wear.  We decided to dress up.  It's always a funny time when we takes selfies. 


Hey my eyes are almost open.  We are going north to the Sea House Restaurant. 

Last when we were here there were four people rescued from this bay.  There is a strong rip tide in this bay.  Today the bay was peaceful and people took advantage.

We ordered, Clela having fried rice and kahlua pork and I had Hawaiian sweet bread french toast. 



After breakfast we went back to the resort for a few hours before going down to the lobby for the Chinese New Year celebration.  There were some little kids that participated. 


They gave you a envelope to put a dollar in to be placed in the dragons mouth. 




This gives you good luck for the year.  When the dragon came to me I put mine in part way and was dragging it out again when the mouth clamp down on my hand that hurt, but I deserved that.  Now I have an extra special good luck.  Now Powerball here I come. 









It seem like all the cleaning ladies were there for their good luck.

I had to get a picture of this little guy. 

Well I have to wait until next week.  Boy time flies by.

We came up to our condo for a couple hours before heading back down to the pool by the the Ocean.  Elvis is in the house.  I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of Elvis I guess I was busy send snap chats to everyone.  He just promoted his show with about four or five songs.  I think his show will be on our agenda next year.

We did a little whale watching until the Hula show started.  Again no pictures just snap chatting. 

For supper we had leftovers. I had a cheese quesadilla and Clela had the same. 

Well that was quite a day.  I'm a little tired.  So I'll say see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment