Sunday, February 4, 2018

February 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Come To Maui With Us

February 1st

Finally our day has come.  We have been waiting all year to return.  This year we had a car pick us up, hey our own limousine.  Made us feel special.  It cost the same as a ride share anyway, so why not.  After arriving at the airport on time and getting through TSA,  I decided to take less gadgets next year.  One good thing we had a pre-check status and didn't have to take our shoes off.  I even didn't take my coat off.  We always stop at this small concession stand to get something to drink before going to our gate.

Everything was going fine.  We were to board and 7:00 and be on our way.  when they posted our flight to Seattle it said we were to board at 7:45.  Now panic set in.  I thought we miss our connection, but it said we were on time.  Clela had to assure me everything was OK.  At 7:45 we boarded our plane, great. Then things started to change.  The gate attendant kept meeting with the pilot and I said to Clela something was wrong.  We have been on planes only to deplane.  Well it turned out the ground crew never cleaned out the holding tank.  Can you believe that.  No one called the BOB THE SEPTIC MAN.  I mean come on.  Bob would been there in a flash.  Well we just sat there for 10 more minutes and we were off.  Once again we were flying first class.  I don't think we will ever go back to setting three or five in a row again.  the older we get the more room we need.  About an hour into our flight they served breakfast.  I mean out came the linen table cloth and then breakfast.


Now that to me is a lot to eat, but I cleaned my plate.  What can I say the croissant and the Greek are not my friend.

We arrived in Seattle on time.



Now the first thing I did was go over to the board to see what gate we needed to go to and turned around and there was no Clela.  I thought maybe she headed to the bathroom so I waited.  I walked back and forth but no Clela.  So I decided to just go to our gate and hope she would be there.  I mean Clela Get A PHONE!!  Well she was there. She thought I was ahead of her.  Get A PHONE CLELA.  Well we boarded the plane on time and off we went.  The first thing they ask you do you want something to drink. We're going to Maui so why not Mai Tai and Mimosa.



If you don't want to hear a potty story please go to day two.  Okay I decided I would clean up the story.  We were on a 757 plane that is new, but when I got in the bathroom I had trouble navigating the space.  I couldn't get close enough.  The only thing I could do was the limbo.  I kept hitting my head on the bulkhead .  Everything went fine.  Lunch was served about two hours into the flight.  You know the first thing they do is give you a hot towel to clean your hands. Then they put down a linen place mat.

 Next they ask what you want to drink with you meal.  We chose wine.

I had a glass of Chardonnay and exchanged it for a glass of good old milk.  I had chicken and Clela had pasta.


When it was time to eating the chocolate ice cream Clela spilled ice cream down her front, white coat, and sweater.  Our flight to Maui lasted 6 hours, but went by fast with two movies and some sleep we arrived.  I think we have come to the Hawaiian Island at least twenty times and I still get excited.





After landing we picked up our car and too our surprise  we picked a small sporty car that is orange.

We  don't have trouble finding our car in a parking lot.

That was our day.


February 2nd

Our first full day.  Not feeling well today.  I think it's a combo of being tired and eating too much yesterday.  We are a family of tradition and our first is to go to CJs for breakfast.


Here I always order banana pancakes with macadamia nuts.

Clela had fried rice scrambled eggs.

With that done we went to the grocery store to stock up.

Got to have our spam like every other Hawaiian.

We sat by the ocean a little.  No lunch today because I'm not feeling well.  So for supper I had chicken and some mashed potatoes.  Clela ate the rest of her breakfast with some chicken.

That was day 2.

February 3rd

Feeling a little better we got up early and went for a walk.  A beautiful day.  The humidity was lower.  We sat by the ocean for a bit and went over to see what was happening between our two resorts.  There has been a lot of erosion.  You really can see global warming.
Detour here.  It's good they are putting some large sand bags down.  We will keep our eye on this.

Everybody was out today.  People were paddle boarding, canoeing and whale watching.
We went backup to our condo for breakfast.  It was a Jimmy day breakfast along with our first papaya  yum!  We had passion orange juice, Jimmy egg, cheese and ham.  I had my computer so I could read the Journal. 

We went back down to do some wale watching and back to the small pool to watch babies in the pool.
After lunch we went back down to the pool for our first swim or should I say some swimming but mainly just walking around in the water.



We even stopped to play some corn hole or bean bag throw.  We are tied with more to come.

We went to the farmers market store for some fruit, bagels and Lilikoi passion fruit cream cheese. We made a stop at  the small park across the street.


That was our day.  See you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment