Sunday, February 9, 2014

Day 12 - Penitance

Today Sunday was one of the best days as far as weather is concerned.  No clouds, slight breeze, a fresh look on a great day.  On Grams calendar she had put down, go to the Methodist Church in Lahaina.  She researched on the web and found out the minister is Tonga.  He conducts part of his service in his own language.  Well I got up a little under the weather, so begged out of going.  That was my mistake, ya big time.  She wrote on her calendar Gene promises to go to church next Sunday.  That is ok.  You see I'm a man who believes when I'm on vacation I don't have to go to church.  Come on am I right or what.  Well if you say yes you my friend are wrong.  When she spends perhaps months planning you better say yes dear (I never say that).  Thus the word penitence yes  penitence.  This means you will pay, someway, sometime, somehow.  My penitence was we had to go to the mall.  Oh my the mall on this great day.  I mean inside a mall.  We were to see a young Hawaiian dance group preform.  That should be fun right? Wrong oh great one. Watch.  In the middle of the night I got up to remove the two videos.  Most of the kids did try.
 
I mean some tried, one thought it was a joke.    Hula is beautiful, it's a way to tell  a story, but they were just kids.  We sat there for an agonizing hour.  The music was great. The guy on the ukulele could really play. I had to get up and walk around.  Finally grams got up.  So now you know men out there, penitence means you will pay.  So go along and do what she has planned.  Yes Clela what ever you want.

We did book a tour today a half day trip over to Lanai, so we went into Lahaina to see where we have to be on Tuesday morning.
Lahaina harbor.
The park had an art show.
Art oh ya.  I really don't know what that was.  Australia, India I don't know.
That was our Sunday.  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment