Sunday, February 16, 2014

Day 19 - Church - Exercise

Church or no Church.  I did say I was going to church.  Is it alright not to go to church?  Must you prove to God your a good Christian by going to church.  That is the question of the day.  Clela says God wants us to go to church.  Ok, are you wondering if I'm going?  Yes I am.  Does that make me a good Christian, I don't know.  I think right now in this beautiful place, I'm very close to God.
We are ready.
Sorry for the quality of the picture, it's not a good day outside.  We drove to the Methodist Church in Lahaina.  We got there about 5 minutes before the start. Wrong it started before we got in.  We sat in the back because that was the only place left.
The church was built in 1922.  The service started with a blowing to a conch shell.
All the new people had to stand up and tell where they were form and when they did they were given a lei.  Clela thought half of the service were visitors.  I really didn't feel well.  As we were singing my head started to spin, my stomach started to roll.  What was happening to me?  Am I dying.  Is this what it feels like?  I could see the head lines in the newspaper.  Houle man dies in church after he questions weather he needs to church.  I was breathing fast.  I stop singing to save my strength.  Could I be hyperventilating?  Well I did clam down and started to feel better. 
We sang two songs in the beginning, with the Minister playing the guitar.  Now when they got to the PRAYER RESPONSE I got lost.  They sang it in Hawaiian.  Click on the text to see the words.
The service then proceeded like any other Methodist Church, but when it got to the Offering a group of Tongan singers got up to sing.  The men had authentic clothing on.   One woman was caring a infant.  I thought this is cool, I should record this.  I took out my IPhone and switch it on, hurry, hurry, it took forever.  I paged through and found the memo app.  Man I thought I'm only going to record the last part.  So I pushed record and hoped for the best.  The song went on and on.  I recorded over 4 minutes.  It was at least 6 minutes long.
At the end of the service everybody formed Circles Of Ohana.  The Minister played the ukulele.  We held hands and sang.  I used Lincolns method of singing, move your lips.  Thanks Lincoln!  Here is what we sang.  Just click on the text to see.

At the end of each verse I would sing Hawaii.  Fist bump! Good Hawaiian singing dude!

Exercise, that was my goal before we arrived.  I thought we would get up early and take long walks, just Clela and I.  Well we do get up early, Clela gets up first around 5:30 and I get up around 6:30.  We have our cup of coffee and plan out day.  We have walked to the farmers market, but nothing for any distance.  Well here is a walker, she has just gone by for the 10 time.
There she goes!
 
Her arms are pumping.  Hey I want to down there and show her I can walk faster, I didn't.  We decided to an ocean front walk, it is new.  The hard to find.  We walked across parking lots over to the ocean and around the corner, walla there is was.  It's raining but we don't care we found the walk.  Well the rich are keeping this walk to themselves.  It is beautiful and it goes all the way to The Whales Village.  Here's Clela.
 

She is moving fast, her arms are pumping, she is working up a sweat.  Well here is a look at the other half.
I've got to find out how to get to Dukes.
If you can click on these pictures some of these places are hamgo in size.  We walked back to our condo by road and sidewalk.  That my people was an hour walk.  Give Clela a hand!!  She did it!  Set off the firecrackers.  Great job Clela!!  Well that's it for the day, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment