Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day - 21 A Quest for Sun

Bit and pieces.  Just one thought before I talk about our quest.  Do you know it has taken us three weeks before we have a real, class A, oh ya, routine.  Here is the skinny.  We get up early and have, have a cup of coffee.  We get dress and go for a walk.  After the walk we eat breakfast, shower, and get ready for our day.  Then we go down to ocean to watch people and look for whales.  I like a routine, you always know what expect.

Our quest for sun started at the ocean where there was no sun and rain on the way.  We wanted to go up to Iao needle and have lunch where we ate with our family in 2009.  The rain was heading that way, thus our quest.
We pack our lunch and drive north to Fleming Beach.  It is a down pour, not your Hawaiian rain, I mean big drops, windshield wipers going full blast.  Could our radar on my phone and the direction of the rain be wrong?  Oh not the Weather Channel.  We took our chairs and umbrellas and set them up under trees, in sand on the beach.
We had potatoes salad, sandwich, chips and drink. 
We didn't have plates so we used cups, cool. Would you eat this?
Yum.  You can't beat this, rain food, drink and the flies biting your legs and feet.  Just look at the beach.

If you look close you can see the rain falling.  Rain is not stopping these people.  There was some big waves.  There were two sisters jumping waves.  The were 15 maybe 17.  I saw the girls coming in.  They were walking with their back to the waves, never, never turn your back to the ocean.  A huge wave came crashing down on them.  They got tossed around.  The younger one came out crying and holding he back.  She came up and into her moms arms.  The life guard came over and checked her out.  These guys don't miss much.  I went over to tell them what happen to Fred and I on the north shore of Oahu.  Kids were having a good time out there.  I thought it was a good place because they could walk out with their boards, no fins, turn when a big wave came in, here take a look.
 
The sun is now shining and we thought we head north some more.  Hey take a look.

Just look at the water.
 
If you saw people snorkeling down below, that's where we decided to go.  You park your car and walk in to the beach, I mean rocky beach.
We got about half way in and Clela got stuck, stuck in the mud.  Well quick thinking I set my phone to take a video.  Gramps to the rescue.  No she got out by her self.
I don't know if you hear her but this reminded her when Lincoln and her got stuck in the mud.  She said that was enough lets turn around, which we did, dogging mud and puddles.  About this time I started to itch all over.  My shin was on fire.  Don't panic I'm saying to my self. 
We got back to the car we took our shoes off and put then in the trunk. I drove back bear footed, no problem.  I took a shower and took a Benadryl and am feeling better.  Well that's our day, see ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment