Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 22 - A Road Trip To Ioa Valley

Bits and Pieces
If I'm going to be away for a long period of time I've got to stay connected to home.  I do this by technology, Facetime, Google Plus, Skype and texting. Oh I  do read the Milwaukee Journal every morning.  I can't forget John Malan and TMJ.  I still do a old fashion thing like talking to my sister Jackie by cell phone, she in Florida and I in beautiful Ioa Valley.
Great picture Sam on Goggle Plus!
Routine.  What makes a routine.  If you do the same thing each day, that should be a routine right.  Now my question to you when doing a routine do you have to do everything in the same order?  Hmm.  Can you do two things at the same time?  Hmm.  When taking your walk does it still count if you stop to shop?  Hmm.  Today we had our coffee and breakfast on the balcony at the same time.  While walking to the Times store for water across the street, we did stop to shop.  Hmm.  Ok enough of the Hmm.  Clela did walk all the way down to the stream and back up.  That's great right?

Our goal today was to go to Ioa Valley, the Needle.  On our way back to our condo we stopped at Subway and ordered a foot long cold cuts sub, that is our favorite.  At the park we found a table to eat lunch.
Still working on selfys.  Now there is the good time girl Clela and her bottle of Izzy, no booze.  You have to just stop and look around at all the beauty.
The magnificent Cook pines.
There is so much history here.
We took a walk through what looked like a bamboo forest.  I didn't know it was there.
I will never get over these trees.
So what is this?  I asked my Hawaiian expert, Clela and she said it is a symbol of love, it can't be broken.  See I still am learning.
Wow, here I drove all this way just to see the needle in all it's glory and wouldn't you know I forgot my thread!  Ha Ha. 
 
Clela there is a guy down there. 
 

Great hair!  Please take notice of these next pictures and tell me what you see.
 
Cool dip!  Hey guys this is the same stream you put your feet in.
A moment of meditation.
'OHana (family)  Did you notice the green spiked hair is gone.
 
So glad to see the Hawaiian people enjoying their land.
See Ya! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment