Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 7 & 8

Yesterday was cloudy most of the day, but no rain.  In the morning we went for a walk to the ABC store.  Clela had her list, but this didn't help.  A couple days ago I don't know if it told you but we were standing outside looking at post cards (old fashion YA) when this women comes up takes a card, gets into her car and drives away.  I said to Clela did you see that. Oh well.  We walked up to the Times store for some food.  Clela got some soup for lunch.  As we were walking by a store window it saw this ad.
You might say what is so special about this.  The first time we went to Hawaii with Jerry and Diane we first stayed on Oahu.  We took a walk on the main drag.  You remember it's a great place.  All the lights and great places to eat, the international market place.
Great family pic!  Sammy your so little.  Alyssa you probably don't remember much being sick.  Anyway Jerry wanted a plate of spaghetti.  He said there has to be someplace on this island where I can get plate of spaghetti and I'm only going to spend $6.00.  So we walked and walked all night long for the plate of spaghetti for $6.00 and never found one.  He said I'm not going to eat that foreign food.  Tired we walked back to our hotel and ate there.  Jerry ordered a plate of spaghetti for $6.00.  Oh by the way we had plate of spaghetti last night.
And that was yesterday.

Today is a great day, the sun is shining and no rain in sight.  We are sitting here doing our morning things.  I'm working on this blog and Clela is banking, for us and grandma great.  She is mad because she can't find 20 cents.  Yesterday we did go swimming and sat out for a little.  No direct sun, however, I did burn myself.  Ya I know, I always ware a rash guard, well I took it off to swim.
We went to the farmers market to get some vegies.  Then we took a drive north.  Do you remember the Ritz Hotel and the dragons tail, well that's where we went this morning.  We stopped at a small park to watch a surfer.
The day was just beautiful so we decided to go on an picnic.  We went to two different places.  They were just places where people pull off the road, just outside Lahaina.  We found a picnic table at the first beach and ate lunch.
Clela never wants to look at the camera.  After eating we went to the next beach.  I'm going to call it brown sand beach, kinda chocolate in color.  Not dirty, but chocolate in color.

We setup our chairs and I went snorkeling.  First time.  I will go back there again because I didn't see many fish.  I guess I have to go out farther.  No big waves.  This is a good place because all the big boats come here and stop here to let the people off to snorkel. 
Got to try that again.  What a day. but it's not over yet.  Just one more thing. Remember, it is Wednesday at 5:00.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment