Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 13 - Beach Day

I think today we spent more time at the ocean than any other. We took two lounge chairs from around the pool.  There are more people here this week, all from spell it like Rafi Canada. I can still here the song.  We found a palm tree and put our chairs under a big palm in the shade, with the whole ocean in front of us.  Close your eyes, now listen to the waves rolling in.  Can you smell it.  It was a bright, clear blue sky with a gentle breeze.  I hope I have described the day.  Sometimes it's hard to put it into words.  Clela reads her book and I read the Milwaukee Journal on her IPad.  I have the binoculars on my lap so I can scan the ocean looking for the spray of water from the whale.  I still like to find them.  I saw a new boat on the ocean today.  It was a two man boat.  It was all over from one island to the other chasing whales.  The crazy thing it was a paddle boat.  Yes I said paddle, very narrow with the person in the back not peddling in a circle but stepping.  Cool boat.  I can't see Clela in one of those.
Today we packed our lunch and jumped in the car and went about two miles down the road to a beach on our way to Lahaina.  Now I know it does have a name but I like to give my own.  We have drove past it every time we go to Lahaina.  Here I'll let you name it.
 
What you never have gone swimming at a cemetery?  Well we didn't.  You have the road, the cemetery and then the beach.  We got to go back there. It's a long narrow beach.  It's a good beach for Clela.  The sand is hard like a Florida. 
Of course we put our chairs in the shade and ate lunch.
I was going to call this beach sea glass.  There were several women with strainers looking for sea glass.  Now you know Clela saw this and after I did my snorkeling she got out there and started.
Well that was our day.  Tomorrow we go over to Lanai.  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment